Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Overwhelmed

17th June 2010
5.40pm

Just came back from OJT. We managed to share with this 18 year old Indian girl and she prayed to receive Jesus! Praise the Lord! The sad thing is, she comes from a Hindu family and at this point in time, she is not ready to go to church regularly yet due to fear of family objections.
I am feeling really sad about this. She was very attentive the whole time we were sharing, asking questions and accepting new ideas. I’m very excited for her. I just hope that the seed planted will grow into a firmly planted tree. Please pray for her and other Indian converts here in Fiji as they face similar family objections as people from back home.
This morning, I was suddenly overwhelmed by the cultural change that I’ve plunged into. Was feeling a little upset with myself for feeling agitated about the changes. But after a time of prayer and a bit of sharing with the other girls, I think I finally came out of my “shell” and I’m now enjoying myself thoroughly.
I’m happy for this opportunity I’ve been given to be away from home for a substantial period of time, living in an entirely different culture. Growing up, I’ve always talked about one day becoming a missionary to a different people group. I guess this is one step closer towards that goal. (and Eunice says “I told you so”) I see God taking me step by step, teaching me one thing after the other. He definitely does not reveal everything to me all at once.
Before coming here, I was kinda confused over why God would take me so far away from home for such a long time. I mean, home is where the work is. There’s so much things to do, so much things we could do during the holidays. With Youth Club, with half the Youth Leadership uncertain about where they’re going for university, it seems like such a terrible time to be leaving home.
Don’t get me wrong, I am SURE that God wants me to be here. Just not sure WHY. Slowly, it’s becoming clearer. I still don’t have a definite answer though. But I’m not anxious because God’s timing is perfect. I don’t understand yet but I trust Him enough to know that He has a beautiful ending for me.


3 comments:

Joyce said...

It is rather normal I think but hey! You overcome it so it's good aye? *claps hands*

savvyvivienne said...

yeah... but it was hard. but i'm over it now. came to a place where i understood from God that i am who i was created, and i don't have to prove myself to anybody because God is ok with me. That's a challenge in itself ;)

Anonymous said...

UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室 , UT聊天室

Powered By Blogger