Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Travelling Solo

So I left KLIA at 8.45pm 13th June 2010 for my biggest adventure yet. As I write, I’m waiting at the Sydney airport. It is now 11.02am Australian local time, 9.02am Malaysian local time.

Just before I left, both my mom and aunt gave me the same travelling advice – don’t talk to strangers. So I guess I gotta be a mute for the next 2 months huh. Funny, funny family I have.

At Changi Airport I had to wait about 2 hours for my connecting flight to Sydney. Got myself a nice foot massage, explored their beautiful toilets, sat down for 10mins at their free movie theatre (Slumdog Millionaire was on), and tried to take some photos.





They were advertising their new butterfly park so I had to check it out. Was kinda disappointed coz I didn’t see ANY butterflies at all. I can’t remember my biology – can anybody remember if butterflies sleep at night too? So no butterfly photos for you, only the shape of a butterfly from flowers…


I don’t know why, but when travelling, people are somehow less friendly. Appropriate levels of fear were instilled in me to refrain from talking to strangers unless necessary since I, a young girl travelling alone, would be an easy target for people with not-so-good intentions. So I think the 7hour flight to Sydney was a rathe… weird flight experience for me. Although there was this good looking guy sitting next to me, we barely looked at each other the whole 7 hours. Too late to regret I guess. I blame it on the bad advice I was given.



Ok that’s all for now. Oh by the way, thanks for praying for my exams. Could have done better, but I did my best I guess. Like I said, too late to regret.

Wait up for my next blog. If it takes too long, you’ll know I’m having too much fun and have slowly forgotten all of you :p Just kidding.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

y la din talk to the cute guy????
the advice was only applicable at the airport.. -.- unlikely something will happen to you on the plane right? lameness.. :p

~JadeLove~ The Rose said...

farnee laa u.. so shud have talk to the guy!! i hope our mother and aunty are happy when u dun get maried!! :p lol...

Voon Yuen Woh said...

nice trip, I gather.

Powered By Blogger